People Professor Robyn Norton
Professor of Global Health and Oxford Martin Senior Fellow, Oxford Martin School
Professor of Global Health
Robyn Norton is co-founder and Principal Director of The George Institute for Global Health, a not-for-profit medical research institute that aims to increase the provision of safe, effective and affordable healthcare, especially for disadvantaged populations worldwide. She is Professor of Global Health and James Martin Professorial Fellow at the University of Oxford, Professor of Public Health at the University of Sydney and Honorary Professor at Peking University.
The George Institute for Global Health has offices in the United Kingdom (Oxford), India (New Delhi, Hyderabad and Bangalore), Australia (Sydney) and China (Beijing and Hong Kong). With around 500 staff worldwide, The George Institute conducts a large program of population health, clinical care and health systems research, focusing on the development of innovative strategies to Increase access to safe, effective and affordable healthcare and to combat conditions responsible for the largest proportion of premature death and disability worldwide. From 2011-2014, The George Institute was ranked within the top 10 research institutions worldwide for the impact of its work.
Professor Norton is internationally regarded for her research on the causes, prevention and management of injuries and the management of various critical conditions in surgical and intensive care settings. She has had a long-standing commitment to improving women’s health, ranging from better understanding the causes of liver cirrhosis in women to better management of hip fracture in women, particularly in resource-poor environments. Professor Norton has given many invited lectures on the topics of injury, trauma care and global health. In New Delhi in 2014, she delivered the inaugural University of Oxford-India Lecture entitled “Mobilising Healthcare: Harnessing Science, Technology and Entrepreneurship”.
Oxford Martin School
Professor of Global Health and Oxford Martin Senior Fellow
- Oct 2016
- "Women's health: a new global agenda" with Prof Robyn Norton
- Feb 2016
- Launch of Women's Health: A New Global Agenda, All Party Parliamentary Group on Global Health
- Feb 2016
- Women's Health: A New Global Agenda
- Oct 2015
- Demographic change – the evolving health challenges
- Sep 2014
- Mobilising Healthcare (Oxford India Lecture 2014)
- Apr 2014
- Panel debate: Is the Planet Full?
- Dec 2013
- The biggest challenges facing global healthcare
- Jul 2012
- What are the primary healthcare issues in resource deprived areas?
- Nov 2011
- Safe, effective and affordable healthcare for a bulging population
- Sep 2014
- Grassroot Healthcare
- May 2013
- Global Health Author Q&A
- Oct 2011
- What do 7 billion people mean for our global future?