People Professor Richard Darton
Oxford Martin Senior Fellow and Professor of Engineering Science, University of Oxford, Oxford Martin School
Professor of Engineering Science
Professor Richard Darton is Co-Director of the Oxford Geoengineering Programme, Oxford Martin School; Emeritus Professor of Engineering Science, University of Oxford; and Emeritus Fellow of Keble College.
He was the President of the European Federation of Chemical Engineering (EFCE) from 2006-2009 and 2012-2013. He is also a Fellow of IChemE (Institution of Chemical Engineers) and a member of its Council, and a Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering.
Prominent in the international chemical engineering community, Richard Darton is a past president of IChemE (Institution of Chemical Engineers) and has spent periods as a visiting lecturer at the Mendeleev University and Kurnakov Institute in Moscow and also at the University of St. Petersburg. He has worked at the University of Sydney, Australia and at the University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand. He is an Honorary Member of the Czech Chemical Society and a Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering.
His research areas include dynamic surface effects at gas/liquid interfaces and he chaired the EFCE Working Party on Fluid Separations from 2001-2007. He is also a leading thinker in the concept of sustainable development. In 2011, Professor Darton received the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in recognition of his service to the engineering community and to chemical engineering in particular.
Oxford Martin School
Oxford Martin Senior Fellow and Professor of Engineering Science, University of Oxford
- Nov 2012
- Process Safety and Environmental Protection
- Jan 2009
- Aggregation of the naturally occurring lipopeptide, surfactin, at interfaces and in solution: An unusual type of surfactant?
- Sep 2007
- The application of a high throughput analysis method for the screening of potential biosurfactants from natural sources
- Dec 2006
- Batch production of biosurfactant with foam fractionation
- Mar 2006
- Surfactant adsorption and Marangoni flow in liquid jets: III. Modelling in the presence of micellar surfactant