This is our website accessibility statement: if you require information on building access, hearing loops, etc, please see the University Access Guide
This accessibility statement is designed to cover content at www.oxfordmartin.ox.ac.uk. If you have any questions or comments about the accessibility of this site, please contact the Webmaster in the first instance.
- This site aims to have all pages validating to HTML5 standards.
- All pages use CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) - this allows a user to set their own stylesheet if required.
- All images have ALT tags with descriptive markup if appropriate.
- Pages meet the checkpoints of the Web Accessibility Initiative's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 1.0, as specified by the University of Oxford Web Accessibility Policy to Level-AA standards, and most pages on this website conform to the AAA standard.
- Users should note that, although this site supports basic rendering for legacy browsers, accessibility features are optimised for users of Internet Explorer versions higher than 6, Netscape versions higher than 4, and other browsers complying to the standards. For security reasons and your browsing pleasure, using the latest version of any browser is highly recommended.
- We are currently trialing WAI-ARIA Document Landmark Roles as set out in W3C Accessible Rich Internet Applications. This relatively new set of features may not be supported by older versions of accessible browsers, however, we have not found their inclusion to be otherwise detrimental to older assisted browsing technology.
- Responsive layout - this site uses responsive css (@media queries) to resize content to fit the device on which it is displayed. Images and text resize to a fluid width depending on browser window size. Occasionally, some features which do not render/work well on small screen devices will be hidden via CSS in order to provide a better browsing experience - however we only do this as a last resort.
Video and Audio
- Almost all video content is available as a h.264 encoded MP4 download in addition to being on YouTube. Wherever possible, we provide an MP3 audio only version too.
- Feedback on the useability and accessibility of this website is appreciated - if you have any comments, please contact email@example.com