The How To Academy in partnership with the Oxford Martin School and the Weizmann Institute of Science bring you the “How To Change the World” Conference
Now in its second year, the how to: Academy Conference on “How To Change the World” will be held on 1 December 2015 at the Royal Institution. Tickets are priced at £149 inc vat.
Themes covered will include: The Future in 15 Years, Driverless Vehicles, Hunting for Alien Life, Fixing a Broken Heart , Quantum Materials, Psychedelic Drugs, Fusion Energy, Living to 100, Technology at Work:The Future of Employment, Bio-Inspired Quantum Technologies, Artificial Intelligence, Transhumanism, The Universe Filled with Ghostly Particles, Perfect Information: Satellite Imaging and The Science and Ethics of Genome Editing.
Moderated by Matthew Taylor, the Chief Executive of the RSA, it will feature 14 world class scientists and technologists from the Oxford Martin School, Cambridge University, Imperial College, the Weizmann Institute and the Institute of Physics at the University of Amsterdam, with a keynote talk on The Future in 15 Years by Professor Ian Goldin, Director of the Oxford Martin School.
Oxford Martin School speakers
- Professor Ian Goldin, Director, Oxford Martin School
- Dr Carl Benedikt Frey, Co-Director, Oxford Martin Programme on Technology and Employment
- Professor Sarah Harper, Co-Director, Oxford Institute of Population Ageing
- Dr Michael Osborne, Associate Professor; Co-Director, Oxford Martin Programme on Technology and Employment
- Dr Anders Sandberg, James Martin Fellow, Oxford Martin Programme on the Impacts of Future Technology
- Professor Julian Savulescu, Co-Director, Oxford Martin Programme on Collective Responsibility for Infectious Disease
- Professor Vlatko Vedral, Co-Director, Oxford Martin Programme on Bio-Inspired Quantum Technologies
Venue: Royal Institution, 21 Albemarle Street, London W1S 4BS UK