A discussion on labour migration to launch an exhibition of photos featuring Burmese migrant workers.
Since the mid 1980s, over two million Burmese migrant workers have entered Thailand in search of a better future. They found dirty, dangerous and difficult jobs. Often undocumented, they risk arrest, extortion and deportation.
- Photographer John Hulme will show his work.
- Richard Haavisto (RSC) will present the narratives of a
- Shan community seeking refuge in Thailand.
- Oliver Bakewell (IMI) and Katy Long (RSC) will discuss
- labour migration global trends and challenges.
The event will be followed by a small reception.