This seminar is hosted by the Oxford Centre for Tropical Rainforests and the Institute for Science, Innovation and Society.
This seminar is a conversation between academics and practitioners in the emerging ecosystem services sector. Ecosystem service schemes are emerging as a new tool for the management of natural resources and systems. As with other innovations, advances with respect to the logics, science, policy and markets that drive these schemes is by no means even or linear. The exchange of ideas and information across different sectors and areas of expertise is crucial to sustain progress.
- Marc Ventresca, University Lecturer in Strategic Management, Institute for Science, Innovation and Society
- Dr David Galbraith, Post Doctoral Researcher, Ecosystems Dynamics Group, Enviromental Change Institute
- Dr Connie McDermott, James Martin Senior Fellow, Oxford Centre for Tropical Forests
- Andrew Mitchell. Founder and Executive Director, Global Canopy Programme
- Jan Fehse, Value for Nature
- Forbes Elworthy, Chief Executive Officer, Craigmore Sustainables
- Frank Hajek, Director, Nature Services Peru
The seminar will be followed by a sandwich lunch