Following on from his sessions on managing global risk at the World Economic Forum's gathering in Dalian, China last week, Rafael Ramirez was asked to elaborate on the risks confronting the world as it works its way through the current recession.
Writing for the Reuters blog "The Great Debate" Dr Ramirez, James Martin Senior Research Fellow at the Institute for Science, Innovation and Society laid out five major risks:
- Confusing risk with uncertainty
- Failure to link different types of knowledge
- Finding false comfort in "solutions"
- Pushing irreversible solutions
- Giving too much priority to the short-term
You can read the full article on The Great Debate.